31st Annual Back to Dance Sale Details
Boutique Shopping Wait Time
During the busiest time of the year (August-September) at Footlights, we anticipate wait times to exceed three hours for in person shopping on Saturdays. Weekday evening wait-times are anticipated to reach an hour to two hour wait times.
To help reduce this wait time, here are a few things you can do.
1) Shop during the week; the best time to arrive is mid-day, before 2p. No matter what, come prepared to wait for assistance and stay calm.
2) Know exactly what you need. If your studio has uniform requirements, you need to have that information for yourself. To get your uniform information, please contact the studio. Be prepared to know what you're looking for and reach out in advance with any questions you may have.
3) Where able, please leave the kids and adults who don't need assistance at Footlights, at home. Due to capacity restrictions, we will have lines outside for waiting to be allowed in. Trimming down the entourage gives other dancers & parents the chance to shop around and move the line along quicker.
4) Don't really need a fitting? Shop our online boutique instead. See more of why Online below.
Dates The Sale is Active
Our Annual Back to Dance Sale is active from August 7- August 21.
There will not be extended dating beyond August 21 or deals applied to previous purchases. We do not accept returns for the sole purpose of re-purchasing items for the discount amount.
All full priced (in stock only) merchandise is 20% off. Redeem online + at the boutiques. A discount code will be released on the 7th.
Our BTDS cannot be applied to any orders placed prior to August 7th. Some merchandise will be excluded from the sale altogether. Items not in stock are subject to the full retail value and will not be discounted.
Fitting Hours + Group Appointments
We stop taking pointe fittings an hour prior to closing during the week and at 2p on Saturdays. This means, if you are in line by 1:55p, you will be guaranteed a pointe shoe fitting. Any dancer who shows up at 2p or after may be turned away from getting a pointe fitting on the same day.
Studios who want to schedule group fittings must contact us at least 30 days BEFORE their desired dates for coordination and approval PRIOR to notifying parents.
Group fittings that arrive together but were not scheduled with us will not be seen as a group and individuals are subject to our in-person guidelines. Instructors may be asked to wait outside due to capacity restrictions and will not be involved in the fitting process to ensure our fitters are able to proceed with our services without interruption and other dancers who are not part of the group are able to move in and out of the store under our capacity guidelines.
What to expect in person
If you have to come in, anticiapte a process to be in place.
1) You may be in a waiting queue outside. You will be asked to fill out a form that will help our associates clarify what items you need for the day.
2) Once inside, you will be directed to where you need to either A) turn in your sheet to the Name Call pile or B) where to go for the item(s) you need
3) If your sheet goes to a Name Call Pile (or you were asked to add your name to the call list); you are now in queue to be seen by a fitter. Your name will be called and then the child/person who needs to be fit will be asked to take a seat. Space is limited, guardians will be asked to wait in a nearby designated area to allow our fitters space to move comfortably around fitting areas. If you leave the store, you forefit your spot. We will not call/text you unless ADA accomodations are needed.
4) Once you've finished your fittings/found what you needed, get in line for checkout.
Online Shopping = The Way to Crush the BTDS Rush
Online Shopping Perk
There will be FREE (domestic standard) SHIPPING for the entire Sale (August 7-21). No minimum purchase amount required during that time.
Online Shopping Helper
We can assist you via our Chat Bubble or email to find exactly what you need online. If you need to place an order but are having difficulty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or send us a message via the Chat Bubble. Please allow us 24 hours to respond due to the high volume of messages received.
VIP Program Perk - The Online Uniform Guide
If your studio has an online portal with us, shop everything you need here
Hassle Free Returns/Exchanges
Don't stress over "what if it doesn't fit" - we offer hassle free returns/exchanges with an online Returns/Exchanges request portal. That way you don't even have to come in to process a return or exchange for applicable merchandise. This includes merchandise you purchased in store or over the phone!
Will selecting in store-pickup allow me to skip the line outside?
No. Unfortuantely, we cannot skip the line for those who need to pickup an online order.
However, there will be a seperate line outside that will be designated for those soley there to pickup their paid orders. These customers will not be allowed to shop in store, but will instead be given their items at the door or outside.
How quickly will I receive my order?
Orders are processed Monday-Saturday (excluding Thursdays); Parcels are typically retreived by carriers Monday-Friday (excluding Thursdays). Processing can occur for 24-48 hours depending on the day and time you place your order.
Once an order ships, you'll receive notifications based on the alerts you opted for at checkout. All parcels include a tracking number that you can access from your account order dashboard or your original confirmation email, in addition to your shipping notifications.
For further details regarding our processes, please check our FAQs here.
Add an extra layer of comfort with Route Protection. This option is automatically added to your cart and you can remove it at any time prior to checkout. Route Protection is an insurance for your parcel. This protects your order if something is lost, broken or stolen; per the terms of Route and the carrier who was handling your parcel.